Daily Life Ltd is an arts and mental health organisation based in East London led by Artistic Director Bobby Baker.
We believe that people who have experienced mental health problems should be valued for their strengths, insight and creativity and that when they are, everyone benefits.
Our mission is to create powerful art and platforms that change the way people think about mental health. We work to transform how people see themselves and each other, and to stimulate dialogue that builds bridges of connection and understanding. As an artist led organisation, our work is founded on the knowledge that people with personal experience of mental distress are uniquely able, as ‘experts by experience,’ to make exceptional new art and provoke new ways of seeing.
Daily Life Ltd are uniquely positioned with the experience and extensive cross-disciplinary network to investigate and celebrate creative ways people manage difficulties.
Art has the radical potential to generate change. Our programme of activities works hard to:
– Produce and present inspirational arts activity led by ‘expert’ artists in local neighbourhoods in a wide variety of health care, social and public settings.
– Show exceptional work by artists with lived experience of mental health problems to local audiences.
– Enable and support local people experiencing mental distress to engage with cultural activity, creative practice and to learn new skills.
– Reach beyond our immediate locality with our original accessible and playful digital output to national and international online audiences.
– Offer career development for creative practitioners with personal experience of mental distress: providing forums that develop expertise, stimulating dialogue and helping to build networks and partnerships.
– Research all aspects of our work by developing richly visual evaluative case studies about our projects and learning, which are collated onto an online platform Artful Measures.
On William Morris Gallery Late:
All in London
Disability Arts Online
The East Ender
East London & West Essex Guardian
Epping Forest Guardian
William Morris Gallery
Please note, we regret that we are unable to respond to all the enquiries and requests we receive.
If you are a student studying for a qualification below Ph.D please do not contact us directly. Instead, use the About Us and Previous Work sections of the website, thank you. Alternatively please explore the case studies of our work on our microsite Artful Measures.