We’re hiring: Curator of Contemporary Art
October 14, 2015
CURATOR of CONTEMPORARY ART: JOB DESCRIPTION
Daily Life Ltd is looking for a dynamic curator who is interested in interdisciplinary and socially engaged practices, and able to interpret and articulate the ideas at the heart of our projects. We are a small team who work closely together to deliver an ambitious programme that is a model of excellence locally, nationally and internationally and which supports our mission and values.
The role of the Curator is to work with Bobby Baker and the Daily Life Ltd team in the research, planning, interpretation, delivery and promotion of all our creative projects, online and on the ground, with specific responsibility for The Roving Diagnostic Unit and touring visual art exhibitions, including Bobby Baker’s Diary Drawings. S/he will support the Artistic Director in research and development of the delivery of content as well as managing stakeholder relationships.
Responsible to: Artistic Director
Essential attributes include:
1. Proven ability to write persuasively, articulating complex ideas to a range of audiences.
2. Knowledge of contemporary visual arts and curatorial practices, with a strong interest in international artists and debates around socially engaged practice.
3. A proven track record of managing and producing events on time and within budget.
4. Interest in research-based artistic practice.
5. At least 3 years experience of organising exhibitions/projects.
6. Keen professional use of social media
How To Apply
Salary: 27-30K per annum, 3 days a week pro rata
Full job description and person specification please follow this link:
DLL Curator – Full Job description or email email@example.com
Application deadline Wednesday 11th November by 5pm
Interviews conducted w/c 25th November